Flugnir Icelandic Horse Association was founded in 1999; the first official Regional Club that was recognized and sanctioned by our national organization, the United States Icelandic Horse Congress.
Founding members were Sally Niemann and Barb Riva of Wisconsin and Sharon Johnson, Debbie Cook, Judy Strehler and Sigrid Younger of Minnesota.
It was our hope to form an organization that would be an ideal way to connect with other Icelandic Horse owners in the Midwest to
- May - Vorkeppni Sanctioned Show @Winterhorse Park, Eagle WI
- May - Breeding Horse Evaluation @Winterhorse Park, Eagle, WI
- May - Barbara Frische clinic @Tolthaven Ranch in Pelican Rapids, MN
- June - Laura Benson clinic @Aslan's Country in Proctor,MN
- July - Sumarmot Show @Winterhorse Park, Eagle WI
- September - Flugnirkeppni, @Winterhorse Park, Eagle, WI
- September - Barbara Frische clinic @Tolthaven Ranch in Pelican Rapids, MN
- October - Kentucky Icelandic Horse Show
If you are not yet a member of FLUGNIR Icelandic Horse Association, we would like to invite you to join. We are small group of Icelandic Horse enthusiasts and welcome your input, knowledge and friendship. The 2013 membership form is available you can find it here. Learn what guides us and to achieve our mission by reviewing our FLUGNIR Constitution.